Monday, June 17, 2013

Abilene Christian University

After we had moved into our apartment I realized I was going to be bored to tears, I knew no-one, the kids were in school – Steve at Taylor Junior School, close to the campus, and Paul at Abilene High School. I said to Melville, "I'm going to go crazy with nothing to do but keep this tiny apartment tidy!" He immediately responded, "Why don't you go and see if they will give you a scholarship, they have all the information about your previous attendance." I immediately cheered up, because I knew that I would love to continue my studies. Since I had worked my last two under-grad years in the Bible department I thought that the fact would give me a better chance of success. So I got myself ready and took myself off to the the office of the Head of the Bible Department. I was thrilled to see he was one of the professors for whom I had worked, and he said he remembered me well. I asked if he thought they would accept me as a graduate student and would give me a scholarship. He said he was sure he could arrange it, and as I left his office I said, "It will have to be 100%" He said, "Go and register and I'll see what I can do and will call you this afternoon." That afternoon I got my positive answer – I was now a Graduate Student!!

No comments:

Post a Comment